The procedure consists of placing the prosthesis on the corpora cavernosa (in the body of the penis) in the operating room.
This procedure may be performed for patients who do not respond to medical treatment with viagra, Levitra, or cialis, as well as treatment with caberjet or vacuum pumps or for advanced chronic diseases such as MD and HAS (hypertension), post-surgical patients with prostate cancer, or neurological damage at the lumbar level.
Mandatory Requirements Not included:
- Pre-Surgical Tests Required
- Blood Chemistry
- 4 Chemistry Parameters
- 37 Chemistry Parameters
- Complete Blood count (CBC)
- Coagulation Times (PT, PTT, INR)
- Internal medicine pre op evaluation (per the urologist’s evaluation)
- (Extra Pre Surgery Analyses – Consult With Your Doctor)
Planning the procedure
- Telemedicine or in-person evaluation consult.
- Medical history form.
- Pre-surgery analyses.
- Choose a date that fits best with your work schedule, family commitments, vacations.
- 8 days recommended for recovery
We help you plan your trip
- Preferential transportation rates
- Preferential hotel rates
- Preferential tour rates
- Pre-arranged packages
- 2 hours in the operating room.
- The procedure requires one day of hospitalization.
- General anesthesia.
- Come to the hospital with comfortable shoes and clothes.
- Small suitcase for the patient and accompanying person.
- Recovery takes 8 to 10 days; the recommendation is that you return to your normal activities in 2 weeks.
- Take all medications as indicated.
- Do not lift, push or pull anything weighing over 10 pounds or 4.5 kg for one week.
- Avoid swimming, soaking in a hot tub or jacuzzi until your doctor indicates you can do so.
- No forceful exercise for 3 weeks after surgery.
Dr. José Medina Saldaña
- General Practice License: 436291
- Specialization License: 0001681